Saturday, September 3, 2011

LOA in action

Everyone is human. What do I mean by that? We don't always all practice what we preach. Here I am a Law of Attraction coach, and I spent the months of July and August not practicing what I preach.After a 5 year journey to heal from my late wife's death, and transform my life into one based in consciousness, and equanimity I spent two months as the stressed out ADD person I had been in the past. After manifesting a wonderful new relationship, I decided it was time I did more about getting a new job. Instead of continuing to do what I believe and get in a good place, and follow inspiration when it directed me to meet someone, take a meeting or apply for a job letting the Universe direct me to my next job as it had always done before, I was going to make it happen. I stopped ignoring my parents messages about the economy, and how hard it would be, and their constant asking if I found a gig or had started on plan B, or plan C, and got stressed. I changed my resume to reflect more of an individual contributor rather then a manager and started applying to anything remotely within my sphere of skills. And because I had been in a relatively good place before this action journey to make a job happen started I got results. Since that day at the end of June I have been interviewing non stop. But each non match just made me beat up on myself more, stress more, ignore what I believe more, and try harder.
Basically in a lot of ways July and August sucked, because I spent most of the time beating up on myself that I didn't get a job yet. The interviews continued, one company even took me all the way through their process before showing they too were a non match, telling me they loved me and I could do the job in their sleep but they were going with a recent Masters degree grad who was younger and cheaper. Then about 2 weeks ago I had a break down, which led to a break through. I had abandoned my beliefs , I had abandoned who I was. Even in "real world" terms I couldn't set a deadline on when I'd geta job by since hiring me is not in my control.
I needed to chill out, relax, become the peaceful warrior. I needed to not apply to every job, just those that really spoke to me. I needed to not stress about interviews or try and over prepare knowing the right one would be a match in what they asked of me, and how they tested my skills. It took a few days to really relax, and let it all go.
Of course once I did that evidence started appearing that I was now back on track. The quality of the networking meetings I took increased. I have now been introduced to a new set of people in the LA high tech media world that are continuing to introduce me to new connections, some of which could potentially lead to employment. I sold two copies of a photographs on canvas I took in India in 2007. I have 4 new life coaching clients, 2 of which called me after finding my coaching website. This week I took two wonderful interviews in my chosen field. One I could receive an offer from as early as Tuesday, and the other decided I was a much better fit for a different opening they have, then the one I came in to interview for, but since the CTO decided this at 4:30 PM Friday as we met, most of those I need to meet with for the other position had already left for the holiday weekend so the rest of that will be scheduled Tuesday. Both of these positions are in the pay range I am looking, and have elements which make them very exciting to me.
And even if neither of these work out, I know I am back on track and that something will land in my lap shortly, and in the meantime I've sold art and gotten new coaching clients so all is well.

http://www.practical-law-of-attraction-coach.com/
Law of Attraction based life coaching. Apply the Law of Attraction practically in your life

and check me out on the Social Stock Market

https://www.empireavenue.com/rly

No comments:

Post a Comment